October 12, 2010
Moving Closer
Well I think I am moving closer, let's rephrase that I know I am moving closer to seeing my situation turn around. This past Sunday we had a great morning and evening service at LOJ. The evening service was one of those services that you will never forget. We had a guest minister who spoke about the dry bones coming to life in the Book of Ezekiel. It was amazing all the insight that she gave to us about what the vision meant and what the symbolism was of that vision. If that wasn't enough the next day I was doing my daily devotional out of my Bible and the devotional for the day was that exact same reading from the night before Ezekiel 37:1-14. I was really surprised because when I left off on Friday I hadn't even looked to see where I had placed the bookmark. Then after doing some reading I went to the page for the devotion and there it was. I just called it confirmation from God that the message from the night before was definitely for me. And that makes me really excited. I have lived in a dry land far too long. Every time I got my hopes up and thought that things were getting ready to change I was faced with disappointment. Much of this year I have felt defeated. But in the last month there has been hope renewed. Mainly from ministers and pastors that I have seen on tv or heard in my own church. Early this year I had an experience where I was assured that New Jersey was not the wrong place for me and that I would have a stable life and be firmly planted. I was so ecstatic when I heard this. The first thing I thought was when is this going to happen. I was ready for it to happen right then and there. But I waited the next week and then the next week and before I knew it weeks had turned into months. And I kept waiting before I just became drained. That resulted in excessive sleep, stress, and sleeplessness. It was extremely difficult and I really didn't know what to do but I knew I couldn't keep just fading into week after week. So I got back on the horse and started looking for and applying for positions. Then this past weekend came along and just helped me to know that change is coming soon. And as Joel Osteen says, "Each day moves me closer to my set appointed time." So everyday that I don't hear something moves me closer to being in a better place. As you can imagine it also increases my want and desire to see the change and the turnaround. Waiting is difficult but it is better to wait and get to where you need/want to go than to be impatient and settle for less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment