January 24, 2011
First Post of the New Year
Okay so I didn't keep my promise to be a better blogger for the rest of 2010 but it's a new year and I am hoping to do better. Christmas in the Carolinas was great! We enjoyed the first snowy Christmas in 47 years in Charlotte. It was what I have hoped and prayed for for years. New Year's was awesome and the day after we left and came back to Jersey. I realized something while I was at home! An epiphany if you will: I love New Jersey! Let me rephrase I love my life in New Jersey. In October 2009 when my circumstances forced me here I never thought that I would come to like being here but alas I have. I love my church, I like being so close to NYC, I don't like my town but that can and will change, and I love the people that I know here. So I was actually happy to be coming back! Yay! I used to be so upset and pining for DC but now I realize that that chapter is closed and I am in a new one. January has been a really eye opeing month for me. I turned 29 and I completed a fast with my church. And I have been reading some great books and learning some great lessons. I feel like 2011 will be different from the last three years. I am struggling with some things but they are more or less things that I need to either do or get rid of in my life. I know how to do these things but it is tough to let go but it's the right thing if it will make your life better. Speaking of letting go, I had to let go of my little sunflower design from ShabbyBlogs. I had to redesign my blog. I hope that it is a good change. I like it so far but I haven't had time to get used to it yet. New year, new blog! But I am really thankful for all that it going on in life and I am coming to the realization that I need to be more a part of life than I have in the past. Instead of focusing on what I can't do I need to focus on what I can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment