September 16, 2010

Hello Blog

Once again I have fallen off the blog wagon. Unfortunately I had nothing really to blog about. I applied for some jobs but I haven't heard anything back yet. So in the past few weeks I haven't really been anywhere or done anything. Dad and I tried to go to church last Sunday but there was a horrible fire at the apartment buildings next to the church in Orange, NJ and they had shut down all the streets around it so we couldn't go in even though the church building itself was not harmed. My dad was extremely curious and circled the neighborhood multiple times until he found a random neighbors driveway where he could see what was going on. It wasn't until then that we realized that the fire was still blazing and not smoldering as it appeared to be from far away. It was really scary and amazing to see two ladder trucks with two firemen in each actively fighting the blazes. It was frightening to see the orange blazes climbing up towards the sky in pillowy clouds of black smoke. Fortunately no one was hurt and eventually the fire went out but people's homes were lost for good which is very sad and tragic to wake up one day and several hours later be homeless. But I think that they will be able to get support from the community and hopefully replace the things that were lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment