September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Mom came to town on Friday and we officially kicked off our Labor Day weekend. That night we went out to eat at Red Lobster. I was really hungry so I got the fried flounder and a lobster tail. The fish was cooked really well and I enjoyed it more than other times I've been to Red Lobster. We came back home and talked about things to do on Saturday. Dad was tired on Saturday so Ma and I went out and went to Target and then went to get some lunch at Panera Bread. Later, we went out on a coffee run and came back and ate some of the gluten free brownies that I made from a mix I picked up at Trader Joe's. We drank our coffee and ate our brownies and talked about what we might do that evening. We ended up just staying in and ordering some Chinese food, from Cheng's Cafe in Edison. It was delicious as always. We just watched some tv and then the evening was over. This morning we went to church where we had a guest speaker named Dr. Jim Finn. He gave a really inspiring and powerful message. I also got asked to help out with the book table for a ladies' conference that is going to be taking place in October in Parsippany. I hope that I get to attend but I have to pray about it because I don't have the money on my own. But I believe if it is for me to go then I will have what I need to get there. After church we came home and then headed to New York. We didn't have that much time but we went to Katz's Delicatessen and then just stopped by to look at the Lower Eastside Tenement Museum. Then we tried to go get some cupcakes from the Magnolia Bakery in Midtown but we didn't know that the Brazil Festival was happening there. So we couldn't turn down 6th ave. I wish I had remembered that I had the address for the one in the West Village but I forgot and it was too late to turn back at that point. My parents had a reservation at The Chart House for their 31st wedding anniversary so we had to head back. That's where they are now. A word of caution if you should go to Katz's the roast beef is served cold and rare. And when they say rare they mean rarer than rare. Learned that the hard way! Next time I'm sticking to what I know. Maybe some matzoh ball soup! I wish mom could stay longer. I like having her here a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment