Any Carpenters fans out there? If so you will surely recognize the title of this blog as one of their most famous songs. It is a rainy day and a Monday in New Jersey. But things are looking up since my last post. I hope that no one read that post thinking that I was angry at my dad or grandmother or anyone else for that matter. It was a bad day and I just needed a rant. What else is a blog good for than the occasional rant. I've moved past it and I love my family very much.
Yesterday I got some much needed encouragement from Pastor Jason Alvarez at the Love of Jesus Family Church. I love him so much. He is an amazing minister, singer, musician and friend. I have never met him personally but I do know these things about him. Yesterday at church we were sitting close enough for me to make actual eye contact. He was speaking about how when things happen (I think he was addressing Haiti) how everyone wants to put blame somewhere. He attributes all blame to the enemy who comes to kill, steal and destroy. For his support he used Genesis 3. He also spoke about how sometimes the devil can use people especially people we trust to get at us. The battlefield is the mind. Don't let him get a foothold there because that is where he seeks to undo you. It was a great message and so timely for everyone and I think especially for me. I need to protect my ears, my thinking and guard my tongue so I don't undo my blessing. We can sabotage our own success if we have the wrong thinking and the wrong words. So I was encouraged to stay strong and to make sure to refuel myself with the Word and to keep a positive mouth and mind. Good stuff.
After church we came home and had lunch. Although I was tempted to take a Sunday afternoon nap I decided that I needed to get some work done and then I would watch the Vikings/Saints game. So I finished yet another USA Jobs application. This one was for a seasonal position working at the NPS' Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island as a park ranger. How fun would that be especially if you get to work on the grounds of either or both places. I would love to say that I worked there and I would probably beg someone to take me up to the crown of Lady Liberty so I could look out. How awesome would that be? They let you do it now even if you are a civilian but maybe I could stay longer or go after hours or something. Hopefully I'll here back from that by the end of February.
After my successful completion of the application I read a couple of chapters of What Color Is Your Parachute. In the beginning of this book it seems like there is no hope for finding a job but then it gets better and he gives you some tips and strategies for finding a job. The most successful method of finding a job he says is making a full career change and starting your own business. Although I have thought about this I don't know if I could do that at this moment but if it is the most successful way of going about getting a job then I shouldn't rule it out all together. And reading these chapters gave me some good ideas of how to contact people in my own industry.
Feeling good about job hunting the next day and in the future I tuned in to watch the Vikings/Saints game and was enjoying it immensely until the last minute fifty. Oh Brett, why? But you know I feel like the guy is 40 years old and he made it much further than guys half his age but this did put a damper on the Super Bowl for me because I was hoping to be cheering for him next week. But good show Favre you are definitely one of the best players in the game.
Last night ended with some Consider Lily and then I was knocked out from a long day.
Today started later than I would have hoped I think the rain helped in keeping me glued to the pillow. But it has been productive and Norman posted his video on Twitter so if you check my Twitter updates from today you can see that I retweeted his video link so you can check him out.
I think that's it for now! Props to Alec and Tina for their SAG awards for 30 Rock. I can't wait for the Oscars. I won't lie I look forward to awards season!
No comments:
Post a Comment