January 27, 2010
You Know Your Job Search is Getting Rough When...
This just has to be shared because it is too funny. My dad, God bless him, brought home some job announcements from his company yesterday. I forgot to look at them last night because I got caught up in other things. Today when I was eating lunch I took the time to look through them. I laughed hysterically as I read through the first job description. The job was for a warehouse associate in Baltimore with Toyota. The job would be second shift with more often than not required overtime from 12:00 am to 2:00 am. Some of the responsibilities were driving a forklift, unloading boxes with "proper equipment" (I'm guessing arms or hand trucks) and loading trucks for transportation of objects. The reason I laughed so hard was that one I cannot even picture myself doing this job, secondly the pay scale for the job would leave me living in probably the most dangerous part of Baltimore, and me picturing myself driving a forklift. I am extremely clumsy and I do not think heavy machinery should be operated by someone like me. I know my dad is trying to help me and wants me to have a job as much as I want me to have a job but I do have to draw the line at what I can and can't do. But I do appreciate his trying to help me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my I am job hunting myself and there is no way in HELL you would catch me driving a forklift. But at least he was trying to help lol
ReplyDelete