April 16, 2010
Vegan Again
So this past week has been a little rough. I developed a horrible head cold that I thought was allergy related until I couldn't breathe out of my nose and I had a tremendous amount of coughing and blocked ears. It started last Saturday and by Tuesday I couldn't even sit up without a headache. But I think the worst has passed and I am glad to say that I am on the way to recovery. But the cold made me think seriously about my health and how I need to take better care of my body. Over the past 6 months since I left DC (can it have been that long already!) I have gained a shocking amount of weight from inactivity and bad food choices. Over the course of the past week I thought back to a happier time in my life where I was managing my weight and I looked and felt great. Surprisingly that time was when I went vegan for about a month and a half in the summer of 2008. The pounds melted off and I slept and felt better that I had ever in my life and I had a ton of energy. So I was already in the frame of mind to get started on my new vegan path when I had to go to David's Bridal to try on my bridesmaid's dress for my cousin's wedding in June. Umm...needless to say I was shocked on the number on the tag. Omigosh! I knew formal wear was not forgiving but holy crap. So after the trauma of being in a fitting room that had almost shear fabric covering the tiny entrance way so that you were not shielded from the public or passersby in the changing room, I headed home thinking about the fact that going vegan was not a leisurely choice anymore it was necessity. So next week the journey Veganland begins. I'm more than ready for it because I have become so uncomfortable and I don't want to feel so sluggish and tired or have to squeeze myself into my clothes any more. So it's vegan, again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment