August 13, 2010

Just Keep Swimming - Finding Nemo

Another week done! Where are they all going? I still feel like I am missing something. It feels as if life is flying by but I am standing still. I am working on being patient and being still and knowing that everything will be alright yet it is so difficult when I need so much and I want so much to be doing anything but what I am doing: sitting around like a bump on a log. This week did bring some highs with it. Last Friday I applied for a museum job and then to my surprise there were three more museum jobs that I was able to apply for this week. Oh Happy Day! So once again I am in the waiting game, will they call or won't they. But whatever happens I will just resolve to be happy nonetheless. Also I finally got the news that there will be a meeting for the AAM NYC Emerging Museum Professionals in two weeks at the Museum of Arts and Design. I am looking forward to meeting other emerging museumers and also some veterans. So I think it will be a great time to connect and to finally feel like I am back in the industry and hopefully connect with some other museum professionals and get some contacts. I am really looking forward to it and I have some really high expectations for what is going to happen. So I need to look ahead to the positive things happening and just do my best to get through each day. Each day has enough trouble of it's own so why not just worry about the present rather than what you can't change (the past) and what you can't predict (the future). I will wait patiently, but I do hope things turn around soon! I can't lie, I really do!

No comments:

Post a Comment