August 4, 2010
Still Waiting to Fulfill My Purpose
I just finished my cover letter for the latest museum that I am trying to get to hire me. I came across the application process for this museum by just going on the website which I probably need to do for more museums. I finished the cover letter which I am still not sure that I am doing right and after having told the museum about all of my experiences and qualities hoped that I had written it well enough to spark some one's interest in me. I finished the book portion of my latest Max Lucado book today. The book is Cure for the Common Life, finding your passion in life and actually doing it right now, not waiting until retirement or until you have more money or more time. I am thrilled by this concept because so many times over the last year or so I have heard that you have to take what you can get or settle for less than what you actually want or have to pay your dues and then sometime in the future there will be an opportunity for you to have what you want. Why? Why do you have to work at a job that makes you miserable and neglect what you really want to do in order to follow some notion that only after doing these things you get what you want. I really truly believe that I will have a museum job in the near future. I couldn't go on another day if I didn't believe that it would happen. After having made my list of personal qualifications, gifts, skills, abilities and interests since childhood I know for a fact that museums is what I am supposed to do. So then why have there been so many closed doors and so many disappointments? I cannot answer those questions but I do know that in spite of the closed doors and disappointments I have not been able to throw in the towel and completely close myself off to the idea of having my perfect exhibition development job. My resume reeks of museum curator and that has been my focus in life for the last eight years. It's what I was born to do. So I have to keep going. I have to wait patiently until my purpose is fulfilled. And don't get me wrong, I have applied for BestBuy, Target, Barnes and Noble, and several other chain stores but I'm getting rejected by retail as well. So why not pursue what I really want to do if all the doors are closing right now anyway. It won't always be this way. There will come a day when there is a yell across this screen in all caps that this was the day that I was hired by the museum that I wanted to work for and that I will be doing the work that I have been laboring to do for these eight years. And I will be so excited in that moment that I will not be able to contain it. I envision lots of crying, screaming, yelling, and praising God for the dream finally being realized. I know that that day will come and I pray everyday that it will come soon! And I believe that it will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment