March 11, 2011

Is It Really Only March?

Is it just me or does it seem that there has been much more crammed into the beginning of this year than any other year. I feel like the last two months have been six months. But I am glad that my year has been a lot busier than I thought it would be. January was great and then February although short was filled with good things too and March has gotten off to a good start too. This week was the week to finish up loose ends of the project I've been working on and that's coming together. There will probably be a little more work to do in the coming weeks but the end is in sight. I was hard pressed to find the motivation or energy to get things done but now I realize that no matter what I do I really do love research even if it may not be a topic that I get really excited about. This morning I realized that when I had to track down a watercolor drawing from the 19th century to it's original owner which happened to be in Canada. I realized that I love research! I love doing it and I love finding things and finding out about them. So I know that I am doing the right work. I was really excited and happy about that. And I am excited for more projects to come and believe that I will reach my goal of being able to be a full time curator with a museum.

In the mean time I am learning to be an adult and take care of my responsibilities. I got a reality "check" in the mail last week for a bill that I have owed on for a long time. Just as I was thinking about all the great things that I would be able to soon afford after having finished my work and received my check from the work. I soon remembered "Oh yeah" I have bills I need to pay. So I was actually happy to tally up all the things that I owe and realize that I would be able to pay several of them off in full and still be able to have a little spending money for things that I need and some things that I want. That was a great moment because I was really tempted to fall back into the old bad habits that led to me owing the bills that I am about to pay off. But through the help of the Lord and the agency that sent me the notice I realized I needed to make sure that before I go out adding more stuff to my stuff I needed to make sure that I have cleared all of my debts. I still have some things that I am in no position to pay but I believe that the Lord will help me to be in a position to be able to take care of. It was exciting and I was and am thankful to be able to take care of things that will make me feel good to be able to take care of and then will also take care of the agency having to send out a notice to me and waste the paper. It all works out!

PS- Next week I get to go to Beacon, NY my first foray into the upstate NY area in over a year. I'm really excited about my research "field trip"!

No comments:

Post a Comment