This past week I had a great reminder of God's goodness and love and care for me. I had some great needs. I recently started a part time job and they changed the dress code and all the items that I needed to have were to be had by the end of next week. I was panicked because I knew I didn't have the money to get everything that I needed and I was going to have to ask for help from my dad. I wasn't sure he would be able to contribute and I knew that I was not going to have the money for what I needed by the time I would need it but I prayed about it. Before my parents left for their vacation I spoke with my dad and he asked me if there was anything that I needed and so I had an opportunity to tell him about all the things that I was going to need for work and how much it was going to cost. He said that he would see what he could do. So then the end of that week I got a check in the mail from him for the low end of the range that I had given but was still grateful because it was more than I had to start with. So I started looking this past week for what I needed to complete my outfit. I was shocked to say the least by the prices that I was seeing for what we needed. There were some items that would have taken what I had plus more just for that one thing. So I prayed again about the fact that I needed a complete outfit and I needed it to be under a certain figure. So I prayed in the car and then walked into my job about 10 minutes later. When I got there everyone was talking about a certain sweater that we needed and how the store that we needed to get it from was offering the sweater on sale and also at a VERY generous discount to our staff. I was overjoyed. I may have even shrieked with excitement. So that evening when I got off I went to the store and asked about getting the sweater. The manager helped me and was so nice. She couldn't find the sweater in the size that I wanted because they were all sold out but she said that she would track down one in the next size down and she felt that it would be a good fit since the sweater ran big. So I gave her my name and number and she said she would call when she found one for me. I rushed out of there to the next store to see if I could find the pants and shirt that I needed. I went into the store and saw that the jeans that I needed were on sale for $17 when they were originally $34.50. I was so excited I was thanking Jesus in the store. Then I turned around and saw that they had one of the shirts that I needed for work in my size. A lot of my co-workers had to order theirs because they were not in stock. But there was exactly what I needed in the store. I went into the dressing room to try on my shirt and pants and then got a call from the manager at the previous store that she had found my sweater and was going to order it for me. It was really exciting! So then I decided to go with the shirt and pants that I had found. On top of the discount that I was getting for the jeans I had a 20% off coupon from the website that I could use for all the clothing that I was getting. So I saved on my sweater, shirt and jeans. That night I went online to look for the shoes and the belt that I would need. I saw that there was a belt and shoes in my size online but I wanted to make sure that the shoes would be okay with my manager and that the belt was going to be okay in the size that I needed. So I went to the store and tried on the belt in two sizes but it was too small so I was going to have to order it in a larger size online. Then I looked for the shoes that I had seen online but they were not in the store. So I checked with my supervisor that evening and they approved the shoes for me. There was a 25% off code that expired that night so I raced home to get it in time. So what had started out as a kind of stressful week in terms of how I was going to find and buy all the things I needed ended as a testimony to God's goodness and faithfulness. It may have just been clothes but they were clothes that I needed in order to work at my job that I really like and want to keep and without any extra coming in from subbing I only had what my dad sent me to work with. So with everything that I bought and all the savings and discounts I got all that I needed plus an extra pair of jeans for less than what my dad had sent me with a whopping $16.95 left over! God is good! I was just so thankful that what looked like it was going to be a difficult situation really worked out for my good in the end and it made me feel so good that God heard my prayer and provided all these avenues to help me to get exactly what I needed for what I had in my bank account and not a penny more and there was some left over which provided food for me to be able to eat until my mom got back into town. It was great and I am so thankful that not only will I have everything that I need but I will have it on time and have it complete, nothing missing nothing broken. So I am just really thankful for the reminder that God is with me in this and that I am not alone and he makes a way where there seems to be no way.
No comments:
Post a Comment