The last two weeks were a welcomed respite of solitude and quiet. My mom left town to go on vacation with my dad and I was left here. I rather wish that my staycation could have been somewhere more exciting like NYC or Savannah. But nonetheless it has been much enjoyed and needed. I am often by myself but only for a few hours at a time. I don't have days on end to be by myself and set my own pace and schedule. I also enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to share my space. Although I am quiet grateful to have a place to live it is quite uncomfortable knowing that I am in someonelse's home and space and not my own. So it was nice, even though it's still not my home, to have some space to myself. I enjoyed it very much and it gave me time to rest and relax and enjoy my time. I worked quite a bit this week which I enjoyed too. I'm having fun at my new job and learning to become part of the team and learning the tools of the trade. So it's been a really good week this week. The weather also has been much better and that has helped too. Last week we had a record breaking heat wave of temperatures in the high 90s and low 100s, needless to say the high seventies and mid eighties are much welcomed.
So tonight is the end of my staycation and although I am somewhat sad to see it go I am glad to get back, somewhat, to the routine of things. I am in pursuit of a full time job and moving forward with my life and there are things that I need to do in order to accomplish both of those things. So there will be things to come in the next two months that hopefully will help me to get to the point of achieving both of those goals.
Hopefully my next -cation will be a vacation and I will get a chance to go off on my own sometime to a place that I enjoy. I'm really looking forward to that!
So tonight is the end of my staycation and although I am somewhat sad to see it go I am glad to get back, somewhat, to the routine of things. I am in pursuit of a full time job and moving forward with my life and there are things that I need to do in order to accomplish both of those things. So there will be things to come in the next two months that hopefully will help me to get to the point of achieving both of those goals.
Hopefully my next -cation will be a vacation and I will get a chance to go off on my own sometime to a place that I enjoy. I'm really looking forward to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment