I mentioned previously that I was reading a book by Nora Ephron. In it she tells stories from her life as well as some of her own personal philosophies. She states that, "You can order more than one dessert." That's an opinion that I quite agree with her on. I will have to make sure that I take that advice at some point in the future. But for right now I am applying it to soap. Today I was in Trader Joe's picking out groceries for this week when I found myself in the cosmetics isle. The selection of cosmetic products isn't what it has been at some of the other Trader Joe's stores that I have been to. But nonetheless it's still good. I noticed for the first time today that they had these different bar soaps. I usually don't stray from my Oil of Olay with Shea Butter soap but I was intrigued to smell the soaps. So I did. And I was immediately excited. They have lavender, green tea, lemon, oatmeal, tea tree, and honey soap. I was addicted instantly to the lavender, lemon and tea tree. Tea tree has become one of my most favorite things. I use it on my face and in my hair already but I think now I'll be using it all over. So I was most excited about all these different choices that I could choose from. But I thought, " I already have a bar of soap at home. I should just wait until I use that." But then I had a thought about what Nora had said. Why not have more than one soap and why not have a soap that makes you feel and smell good? I think that this could be a new beginning of something for me. In the past I have lived a very indulgent existence where I just bought whatever I wanted with not foresight that it might be using up money that I needed for something that was really important. Then I had a wake up call and realized that this way of living only leads to heartbreak. So I have been trying to live as frugally as possible and not use my money for extravagances but only things I absolutely need with a few wants thrown in. But I think I realized today that just because I'm living frugally doesn't mean that I can't live. I have to have fun when and where I can because the opportunity may not present itself on its own very often. So if spicing up my choice of soap makes my shower better and makes me smell better and feel better then I think it's a good thing to do. And why can't I have more than one soap? You always need soap, right? So I am really excited to try my new lavender soap and I am thinking about adding to it tea tree soap just because it's a natural antiseptic and it's also good for helping with breakouts and dry skin. So two soaps, I know it's wild. But I am excited about. You live once, so why not smell great and feel great too while you're at it!
No comments:
Post a Comment