The year is going by at a rapid pace but I think this year more than the past two years I feel that I am approaching this year with much less trepidation. I think it's a sign of good things to come. Today I had a great conversation with another museum professional who gave me some information about finding jobs in the New York area. Quite honestly I felt that I had exhausted all of my possibilities and I was feeling extremely lost and frustrated. Yet I was left with a new found energy for pursuing my dreams and also the feeling that New York was not just a girlish dream but in fact something that could (and will) actually happen. That gave me great hope. Also I was so thankful for the help from people who don't even know me. The person I spoke with today had previously emailed with me but we had never met face to face. But it was so great to know that someone who doesn't even know you would allow you to have access to their contacts and networks and give you direction about what to do to get a job. Most importantly she empathisized with me about how difficult it is to break into this field and just to get employed in general.
I feel refreshed. The pursuit is back on and I feel like it's going to lead to something great!
No comments:
Post a Comment