February 2, 2011
Just Glad I Made It Back
Yesterday I got to go to New York. I had to get some research materials and had a business meeting for a project that I am working on. I tried to go to sleep the night before but for some reason it was a sleepless night. Right when I was beginning to settle down I heard my alarm go off. I got up and got ready and even made myself breakfast. I was able to have my dad drop me off in Newark so I could save on money getting to the city. I arrived in NY and went to the subway. In line I met another lady from New Jersey and her daughter who were going up to Columbia University. I got on the train and was trying to figure out where I needed to go when I got distracted by the fact that I had not accounted for the fact that I had three train rides I needed to take. The train ride to the historical society, the train ride to my employer's and then the train ride back to Penn Station. So in my distraction I accidentally exited the train too early and had to walk in the slushy, icey, and cold weather. I got off at E 60th street and walked in the wrong direction to 1st Ave and realized I needed to be on the other side of Manhattan. So I walked down E 60th Street crossed over in front of The Plaza to Central Park West. One good thing was that I got to see my favorite Central Park bridge, the Gapstow Bridge all covered in snow! I had only seen it like that in pictures before but this time I got to see it with my own eyes. It was so nice.I had an old Metro card with me that I hoped would have some left over money on it so that I wouldn't have to worry about getting home from Brooklyn. I went to the Columbus Circle station and went to one of the fare machines. I put the card in and low and behold there was $2.45 on it. I only had to add .05 and I had another fare to get home. Thank you Lord! I was so excited! I turned onto Central Park West and walked up to W 76th street to the New York Historical Society. I got the things that I needed and to my surprise and pleasure the librarian gave me a discounted price on my copies! Yay! So then I headed out to go to Brooklyn for my meeting. I went down to a station on the Upper West Side where the 1 train was. I thought when I went in that I would be able to cross to the other side of the station but there was no way to cross. So I got on the train and decided to ride to the next station and see if I could cross to the downtown train there but there was no way to cross again! So I just had to go out of the train and then get on at the other side of the street. I was mad at myself because I hadn't paid attention to the signs and had wasted money that I needed. But thankfully because of the discount at the library I had a little extra money to be able to get back to Penn Station. So I made it out to Brooklyn and had my meeting which went well. Then I got back on the train and made it back to Penn after pooling some resources together and putting $1.00 on my check card! So glad that it let me do that! Then I made it back to Newark and my dad picked me up. It was so cold and it was starting to rain. We got back home and ate dinner and to no surprise I was asleep by 7:30. I slept for a couple hours before waking up again and going to bed formally. It was a crazy day but I was glad to make it through it and I was glad that all the needs that I thought would be problems God helped me through!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment