Tomorrow is the opening of the exhibition "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing" at Museum of the City of New York. I am really excited about the fact that it is here because I was able to work on it for six months in 2009. I was really excited about working on it because I had wanted to work at National Museum of African American History and Culture since I moved to DC in 2007. So it was the realization of a dream to be able to work with that museum and to be able to work on one of their first exhibitions. I learned a lot about working on an exhibition and I learned a lot about the Apollo and Harlem. I enjoyed being a part of the exhibition team as well. I look forward to seeing the completed project and I am excited that it will be only a few blocks from where the actual Apollo theater is. It gives me a hope that there will be more times in my life in the future when I am excited about exhibition opens because I will have been able to have helped make them possible by working on them. If you live in New York or New Jersey and can get to the museum I suggest that you see this exhibit while it's here. It's going to be an amazing exhibition!
http://www.mcny.org/exhibitions/future/Apollo-Theater.html
No comments:
Post a Comment