May 25, 2011

After All Tomorrow is Another Day

Today has gone by fairly quick. I think that is thanks in part to the workmen who have been here sine about 8:30 am fixing and completing the renovations on my mother's house. I have been trying to find a quiet corner to do my own thing in and for the most part have succeeded. I've been thinking a lot about the fact that I learned yesterday that my dad won't be relocating to Kentucky as I thought he would but that at least for now he will be in New Jersey. But I know that he is not wanting to remain in New Jersey for much longer. Of course this has me wondering, pondering, and slightly reasoning what will happen in the future. How quickly and when will things change? Will it be gradual or sudden? What do I need to be doing now in order to prepare for this? These questions have been floating around in my mind throughout the night and the morning. I believe that I will have answers to all of those questions in due time. And in the mean time I am going to look for jobs and I am going to keep praying and believing and casting my care on the Lord. Today as I was praying I was reminded of the words that the Lord gave me last year in regard to my life and I was comforted by them because they spoke to all the challenges that I am facing and helped me to remember that God has a plan, His plan is the best plan, and that all of these things will be worked out. There's a verse in the Bible that reminds us to not grow weary in well doing for at the proper time we'll reap a harvest if we do not give up (Galatians 6:9). I think that is where I am in this process. I believe that I am doing the right things and seeking the Lord to help me and lead and guide me to know what to do. I had hoped and believed that things would have turned around by now, that something would be different at this point but I'm still waiting for some major needs to be met and some big turnarounds to happen but that doesn't mean that they won't it just means that there is a little longer to wait and hold on. It is not an easy thing but it is what will work out for the best in the end. Yesterday and today I was reading some books that made reference to Abraham and Sarah in Genesis. If ever there were a story about how to wait patiently and why you should wait patiently theirs is it. Abraham wanted a child with Sarah but they were barren. God told them that He would give them a son. Throughout the story of Abraham God reminds him several times that He will keep His promise. Understandably Abraham was wondering when it was going to happen because He was already approaching old age. If you know the story you know that Abraham and Sarah took matters into their own hands by introducing Hagar. Abraham had a son, Ishmael with her and Abraham and Sarah thought that they had accomplished their goal. But God told them that He would give the two of them together a child. And He did when Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90. They had waited 25 years for their son to be born. That's a long time. I know that they grew weary and probably wanted to give up many times but they trusted the Lord. They made a bad decision along the way but God still kept His promise to them and gave them the child that they wanted. I think that if Abraham can wait for 25 years I can wait however long it takes for my situation to work out and I just have to keep pressing on day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment