July 6, 2011

Six Months From Today

Six months from today I will turn 30. I used to look at this event with dread but now I am ready for it. The rollercoaster ride that has been my twenties will be a thing of the past. I feel like with a new decade I get a fresh start. I am ready to see what the 30s hold for me. I believe it's going to be a great time in my life. I think I have pointed out that 30 was a turning point for several prominent figures in scripture. Joseph was appointed prime minister of Egypt at 30, David became king of Israel at 30 and last but not least Jesus started His earthly ministry at the age of 30. I'm not comparing myself to any of these people but I think that maybe the Lord mentions their age as a reminder that as we get older we get better; there are good things to come from having grown out of your youth. I am really excited about it. I wonder where I will be when I turn 30 and what I will be doing. I want to have an enjoyable day even if I am by myself. I want to rejoice that I made it that far when many of my contemporaries have not. I am excited for the blog I will most likely write that day about what it feels like to be 30. I'm just excited!


I think partly this excitement comes from the chapter I just read in Priscilla Shirer's book Life Interrupted about your life story. If you are content to just live out the plans that you have for your life then you could be missing out on the amazing story that God could use your life for. Many times we think that God's interruptions into our lives are to hinder us and draw us out of the race when really He is trying to tell us that He thinks we will be better suited to telling His story through our lives. I learned that when God places a divine intervention into your life the best thing to do is to just go with it because He is trying to do something better for you than you could do for yourself. So I take comfort in and find solace in the fact that God has a task for me that far exceeds the plan I made for myself to just be a curator at a museum for the rest of my life. So I believe that very soon I will see a manifestation of the Lord in my life. It might happen before I'm 30 or it might happen after. Either way I am glad that God is in control and that there is a special task, assignment, and plan that He has just for me! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment