March 25, 2012

Hair Update: Shea Moisture to the Rescue...AGAIN


I blogged not too long ago about how my hair had become so dry and I was having a hard time pinpointing a product that was natural but would also help preserve my twist outs, especially with the heat and humidity of summer coming. Well I looked online and thought there were some things that might be able to help me. One of the things that I wanted to try was Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding. I liked that is was affordable ($11) and was described as being moisturizing but light. I went to Target first to see what I could find. There was Curly Buttercreme, of course, but I didn't want to have to shell out $32 and also have the petroleum, glycerin, mineral oil, lanolin, and other synthetic ingredients in my hair especially since they could clog my pores as it gets hotter and I perspire. So I looked at what they had at Target and to my surprise they had Hair Rules products from the Hair Rules Salon in NYC created by Anthony Dickey. I seriously thought about trying his moisture product but upon further examination of the ingredients they were the same as Curly Buttercreme but with a lighter smell than the buttercreme. I thought about the Kera Care Natural Textures Hair Milk but I felt like it was a little too thick for me and I wasn't wild about the smell. So I left that Target without any product for moisturizing. Later I went to another Target because I was at the point where I was going to get some Curly Buttercreme or order something off the Internet. I was walking through the hair product isle for multicultural girls and I noticed the Shea Moisture Products. I have almost the whole line for the Coconut Hibiscus products but I noticed the Curl and Style Milk. I had watched several reviews of this product and I had also read on blog sites that it was a go to moisturizer or leave in that a lot of curlies like. So I decided that for $10 I could afford to give it a try and if it didn't work I would go back to Curly Buttercreme for good. So that night I used the Curl and Style Milk to twist up my hair. I used about a quarter size amount on each twist, not too much. The next morning I untwisted my hair to find that on my week old frizzy twist out there was definition, shine, and softness. I used it the night after as well and I got the same results the next day. I only used it two days but I LOVE this product. I love the scent, which smells just like the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I also love how light it is and that it provides hold and definition. Also the product is organic and natural which means when it is hot this summer I won't have to be worried about my scalp getting clogged with all the stuff in other not natural products. So I am really thrilled with the product. I also picked up some Miss Jessie's Quick Curls which I plan to try to see if it can be a wash and go styler for me on those weeks when I don't have two days for my hair to dry. I will definitely do a product review of it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment