March 27, 2012

Hair Update







Today I tried Miss Jessie's Quick Curls. It's a light weight, quick drying cream to create curls that don't take all day to dry. I tried it mainly because I wanted something that I could use when I don't have the time to dry my twist outs for a day and a half with Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue.

First of all I love the scent of Quick Curls it smells like lemongrass and citrus. I wanted an orange the whole time I was doing my hair. The formula is extremely light. I went a little heavy with the application because I wanted to be sure and get every part of my hair saturated. I shingled my hair as well working from the bottom to the top in small sections raking the product through my curls. I have to say that it keeps its promise as a light weight formula and also for its quick drying properties as well. At first when my hair was still drying I was concerned that I was not going to have successful results. My curls were very loose and looked as if they might start to frizz. But an hour to two hours after applying the product I had defined spirals and minimal shrinkage. My hair is still drying at this point about 4.5 hours later but is more than 80% dry. The true test of whether or not Quick Curls works for me will be when I twist my hair later tonight and then take it down tomorrow. Hopefully the curls will spring right back and I will have found my perfect go to wash-n-go styling product!

No comments:

Post a Comment