The last few weeks have been difficult, hair-wise, due to the changes in the weather and the change in my products. With the weather change I was not able to keep up the amazing twist-outs that I had in November, December and January. My hair has become much drier and also I ran out of the Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue that I had been using during the previous months. I had to use the Curly Pudding that I had bought as a part of the BOGO sale of Miss Jessie's. I wish I had gotten two of the Meringue instead because I think it is my go to styling product. It just does so well in my hair and makes it look great! So after the problems that I was having with my twist-outs and dry hair I turned to the natural hair YouTube community to seek advice. What I noticed was that I may have to change up one of my staple products. I have been using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for almost a year, the same jar mind you (it's so worth the $10), and have been getting great results with it. But I think that it is too heavy for my hair and what I am in need of now is a light weight leave-in conditioner that can give added moisture to my delicate curls. I like so many other curlies was under the impression that my hair was coarse and thick but in the time that I have been natural have discovered that my hair strands are actually quite thin and my hair's thickness is medium. I think I believed that I had thick, coarse hair because when it was being relaxed it felt like that was the texture of my hair. However, in recent months I have noticed that I have definite curls in my hair. I have been fully natural going on 3 years this May. So my actual hair texture is coming through and it has changed the way that I view and treat my hair. I watched some reviews on leave-ins that I would like to try in the future such as Hair Rules Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner and Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia or Hair Nectar Leave-Ins. But since I did not have access to those today I used Kera Care Natural Textures Leave In Conditioner. I had received a sample pack at Christmas and didn't think that I would have occasion to use it since I was satisfied with the Shea Moisture.
So after washing, conditioning and deep conditioning, for which all those products have remained the same, I applied a mix of jojoba and tea tree oil and a dime size of Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Lite. After those I used the Kera Care Natural Textures Leave In Conditioner. The product is more like a gel than a cream and it is opaque in color. It is made with Amla, Shikakai, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, and Fruit Extracts. It has a nice smell and I applied it to one of four sections of my hair at one time to make sure there was even distribution. It was very lite and even though I took the directions' advice to apply generously I did not feel like it weighed my hair down or made it sticky or clumpy. I had used a leave-in from Kera Care a while ago when I was straightening my hair with a blow dryer to press it and also when I first went natural. That leave-in was more of a cream but worked very well and I would say that this leave-in I like even better than the one that I used before.
Next week I am planning on getting some new products to use on my hair. I have wanted to try the Karen's Body Beautiful for a long time and plan to get the Hair Nectar Leave-In Conditioner and the Butter Love Moisturizer. I am looking forward to trying both of these products because I have heard good things about them from YouTube and natural hair websites. Fortunately there is a hair care store that sells these products but they are available to be ordered online from the Karen's Body Beautiful website.
It is a never ending journey with natural hair. I feel like once I think I have it all figured out the game or the weather changes. But I guess it keeps life exciting. But I will be sure to give a review of how today's hairstyle turns out with the addition of the Kera Care leave-in and the subtraction of my Shea Moisture. It's not a loss because the majority of products I use are Shea Moisture anyway!
So after washing, conditioning and deep conditioning, for which all those products have remained the same, I applied a mix of jojoba and tea tree oil and a dime size of Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Lite. After those I used the Kera Care Natural Textures Leave In Conditioner. The product is more like a gel than a cream and it is opaque in color. It is made with Amla, Shikakai, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, and Fruit Extracts. It has a nice smell and I applied it to one of four sections of my hair at one time to make sure there was even distribution. It was very lite and even though I took the directions' advice to apply generously I did not feel like it weighed my hair down or made it sticky or clumpy. I had used a leave-in from Kera Care a while ago when I was straightening my hair with a blow dryer to press it and also when I first went natural. That leave-in was more of a cream but worked very well and I would say that this leave-in I like even better than the one that I used before.
Next week I am planning on getting some new products to use on my hair. I have wanted to try the Karen's Body Beautiful for a long time and plan to get the Hair Nectar Leave-In Conditioner and the Butter Love Moisturizer. I am looking forward to trying both of these products because I have heard good things about them from YouTube and natural hair websites. Fortunately there is a hair care store that sells these products but they are available to be ordered online from the Karen's Body Beautiful website.
It is a never ending journey with natural hair. I feel like once I think I have it all figured out the game or the weather changes. But I guess it keeps life exciting. But I will be sure to give a review of how today's hairstyle turns out with the addition of the Kera Care leave-in and the subtraction of my Shea Moisture. It's not a loss because the majority of products I use are Shea Moisture anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment