June 15, 2010

5 Days til...

My cousin is getting married this Saturday! It's hard to believe that the day is here already. But yesterday I went out and got the last part of my bridesmaid's dress at David's Bridal and also picked up a matching purse at Macy's. My family is pretty small because my dad is an only child and my mom has three siblings. So this my first cousin on my mom's side and the event is more special because she is the first of my generation to get married. I think it's going to be a great event and we also get to go back to my mom's hometown of Madison, NC which I have not been to in quite a while. It will be interesting to see family I have not seen in a long time and see how the town has changed. I must admit that I have a little anxiety about the day because I haven't got all the details but I know it will all work out for the best. My cousin didn't have a whole lot of help but I think she did a great job with having to plan the whole on her own. As I was picking out the things that I needed to get for the wedding yesterday it just occured to me how you think about these events happening in your life or your relative's lives but you're never completely prepared for them. I wonder how my uncle feels, my cousin's father, about seeing his only daughter walk down the aisle this weekend and that he will be the one to give her away ironically to a man that has the same name just spelled a different way. I am really anticipating the event and can't wait to live through the experience. It's going to be a great day and I look forward to being a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment