June 15, 2010
The Book of Job
Right now in my personal Bible study I am reading the book of Job. I haven't read it all the way through before but I can say that I appreciate it a lot more than may have before now. As I was reading through the chapters this morning in some of the verses it was like Job was reading my mind from the past two years. The exact feelings and emotions he was expressing I could relate to completely. I kept thinking to myself "Been there, felt that." I am glad that I am reading Job in hindsight and that I am no longer where I used to be because it was not a happy place to be at all. But I think that when your world turns upside down for seemingly no reason it can leave you shell shocked and wondering if you're to blame. It's what we don't know and can't control that scares us the most during those times because if we know what to do and we can have a plan we can feel better and feel like we have some control but when nothing we do changes the situation then we panic. Job was downhearted and depressed. He wished he was dead or rather had never been born. I have definitely had those feelings myself through my transition but what we have to learn is that there is purpose in the pain. As Paula White puts it, " A radical disorientation, for creative transformation." It's worth the wait and if you'll be patient in the process you'll come out better on the other side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment