
This past weekend I had the pleasure and honor of serving as a bridesmaid in my cousin Jade's wedding. It was so amazing that the time had come for her to get married. I was really looking forward to seeing her and I was really looking forward to seeing my family too. We got to the rehearsal Friday night and there was a lot going on for the preparation for the next day. Everyone was reminiscing about Jade and growing up with her. The groomsmen and bridesmaids were practicing their walk and memorizing where they were to stand. It all went by so quickly that before I knew it I was back at my hotel calming down with some hot tea and anxiously awaiting the next morning. It was hard to sleep but eventually I went to sleep. The next morning I awoke and got showered and dressed and put my make-up on. I got all my stuff together for the wedding and met my parents downstairs. Unfortunately my hair had exploded from the heat and humidity and we had to stop on the way to the church for me to get a flat iron. Eventually we made it to the church where there were only two other bridesmaids waiting for the orders to get dressed. My cousin arrived shortly after. While we were getting ready everyone was talking and watching my cousin get dressed and helping each other with the finishing touches to their dresses and hair and make-up. It was such a special time and I was so happy to be a part of it. It was just so special to see my cousin enjoy her last moments as a single person before she became Mrs. Jade Neal. We all waited for the directive to go and were summoned downstairs by a harried wedding coordinator. We made it to the dining hall and picked up our bouquets while dashing to the foyer. As soon as we reached the sanctuary doors we were told to go. I barely remember walking down the aisle. But I watched as the rest of the bridesmaids and the matrons of honor filed in and then watched as preparations were made for my cousin and uncle to walk down the aisle: the runner being placed, the ring bearer, and the flower girl. My cousin walked down the aisle with my uncle to the tune of "Endless Love" sung by two of her friends who really put Diana and Lionel to shame. My uncle looked just like my grandfather and I know that he would have been beaming if he had been alive to be there in that moment. The ceremony was traditional and to the point but the bishop gave all of us a sermon about what it means to be a faithful wife and what a find a good wife is. It was really beautiful and before we knew it my cousin was a married woman.
After tons of pictures and greeting relatives I had not seen for way too long we went to the reception. All of our family was reunited together and it felt so good because we all haven't been together in so long. It was really just a beautiful day and we stayed together as long as we could.
I'm so glad that the day happened and so glad that we all had a happy occasion to get together.
P.S. - My hair had a life of it's own that day. I really should have had it set instead of free falling. It looked like a lion's mane!
Congratulations Jade!
No comments:
Post a Comment