June 10, 2010

Time Flies...

Time in general is flying by at a rapid pace and this year is flying by as well. There is so much that has happened to me this year, much of it in the last three weeks. In the next week I will be traveling home to Charlotte, NC and then going to Greensboro, NC to attend my oldest first cousin's wedding. It is amazing that it had almost been a year since she told me that she was planning to get married on June 19 and it is amazing that she is the first cousin that I have who is getting married. I am really happy for her and cannot wait to attend this event and see my family and enjoy this day. It is going to be exciting! But I think that life events, especially weddings make you think about how much time has passed. My cousin who is getting married is only 5 months older than me. And we used to play together and pretend drive in my mom's car together and eat junk food together and stay up late playing and laughing together. It is just still amazing to me that we are at the age where we are getting married and having children. Then again we are not spring chickens, even though we are only in out twenties. In the past week I scaled back my Facebook friends because I realized that many of the people I saw when I logged into the account I didn't even know or did not know anymore. OF course I kept the ones that mean something to me and whose relationships I cherish. I surveyed the list of friends and saw that some are married, some have children, some have moved, and others are just living life. It's amazing where life carries you and what you experience. I listened to the Christian XM station The Message last week and I heard some songs that are new to me and I guess new music in general. Many of them were describing where I am in my natural and spiritual life. I am in the beginning of the next chapter of my life post - Washington, DC and the beginning of a spiritual revival that was much needed in my life. It feels good and cathartic to see the world with new eyes and to have a new vision. I finished reading a book by Eric and Leslie Ludy called When God Writes Your Life Story. That book confirmed a lot of things that I had been hearing lately in my own church (which I will be a member of in two weeks!) and on television programs that I have been watching. We have to make a decision about how we're going to live our lives. I have really been focusing on what in my life has been separating me from God and from living a Christ-focused and centered life and the more inventory that I take on myself the more I learn and realize there are numerous things I have to change and be more careful about. And they are simply things that I didn't know or hadn't lived enough life to apply to my life before the last two years. But I have been learning so much and growing so much in the areas of my life that needed it the most. And I am of course not finished, I am a work in progress but I feel more in progress than I was 6 or 7 months ago rather than the stalemate I felt that I was in before and during that time. It feels really good. On top of fresh teaching and fresh music I have revisited some old music too. I have been listening to dcTalk, my FAVORITE band growing up and realizing how profound those lyrics are in their 90s and early 2000s songs. When I fisrt got hooked to their music I was in elementary and middle school, their last album came when I was a senior in high school. Looking back now that I am older and have lived more life I can really identify with those lyrics on a whole other level. It feels good to have grown up mentally, physically and spiritually and be able to experience their music in another capacity. All in all things are going so well. I know it is a result of casting all of my cares on the One who cares for me. Without casting my cares on Jesus it's just me and I can't fight my battle alone and many times at all. I am still finding out what my purpose is but now I feel confident in knowing that I have a purpose and that it will be accomplished as long as I stay in God's will. I have know idea where I am headed but I know that God has the map and I am content to follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment