November 1, 2011

Not Surprised

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/

Am I surprised by the end of this union? No! But I am surprised that it ended so quickly. I want my $4 back from the People I bought with their wedding photos in it. But seriously I feel sorry for both of them. Whatever reasons there are for this divorce, it is always sad when you see people's marriages fail. It's another reminder of how quickly and naively people enter into and out of marriage these days. And also a reminder that because it is not taboo anymore to have several marriages under your belt there isn't the same stigma that divorce once had in our nation either. It's a very sad state of affairs. But I think more people than not saw this one coming. Even if you don't have cable and watch the show, buy their clothes, or follow them on Twitter, it was easy to see that they came from two different worlds. My mom made a funny observation when we were reading the article about the divorce announcement that went with this photo. She said that Kim's earrings probably cost more than Kris' whole outfit including his underwear. I thought that was hilariously appropriate. They have two very different approaches to life and you can't be in a marriage or relationship if you are headed in two different directions. For Kim I feel like she is cashing in while she can. She can still make money from her name, her body, and her presence. She's going to be working until no one wants her around anymore or until she makes what ever she feels is her personal best. I don't see her as the marriage and kids type, right now, at all. Kris on the other hand seems like the kind of guy who probably could settle down now with the right person and start a family, but definitely in a more low profile lifestyle and zip code. I have not been an active observer of the Kardashian/Humphries relationship other than what I have seen on the news, on the web, or in magazines. But I think it was easy to see this coming. I feel badly for them that they didn't even make it to knowing each other for a full year. It's really sad and disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment