November 5, 2011

Slouchy Beanie Quest

Over the last few weeks I have been on a quest to locate an olive green slouchy beanie. I have wanted this in order to protect my hair during the coming winter months and then also to use to shield my twists during those times when I have to run out once in a day and don't want to take my hair down for only a few hours. So I have been looking for a slouchy beanie in my favorite dark shade of green, olive (my favorite green is sage). I have seen some on the Internet but have not been able to locate where to purchase them. They are either being worn by celebrities or models and there is not information on where to purchase the beanie itself. Very frustrating! But this evening I went ahead and purchased a very cute tan and rainbow beanie by Mossimo at Target. I wasn't sure it would fit my head but it seems to be a great fit with the right styling. I also purchased a satin sleep cap to go underneath and protect my hair from the acrylic fibers of the hat, a tip that I learned from CurlyNikki. So now I have my beanie ready for the long trip to and from New Jersey in a few weeks and don't have to worry about actually doing my hair for the trip. I'm excited! Today I actually saw a couple of pictures of the beanie that I would like to have but the Urban Outfitters website link doesn't work and I think at the time Kaboodle posted the link they were having a sale. The hats no longer are coming up with a $9.99 price tag. Oh well, maybe I can find an olive beanie in Harlem on Thanksgiving!

Beanie I Have (tried it on with hoops!)

Beanie Color I Want

Beanie Style I Want

No comments:

Post a Comment