January 12, 2012

Coffee Break



Today was different for me in that I actually spent it out of the house. There were errands to run this morning and then I had tutoring this afternoon. It was a nice day to be out driving. While I was trying to figure out what to do with the two hours until tutoring that I had I happened upon an independent coffeehouse called Central Coffee Co. It's on Central Ave south of Hawthorne Ave in Charlotte. It's so tiny that if you blink you'll miss it. I decided that I would go in and have some coffee and read until it was time to leave. I fortunately was able to get a parking space in it's 5-7 space lot and went inside. It's really small with maybe 5 tables and a small space with 4 chairs around a very low table in the back. They have all the usual suspects that regular coffee places have. If you have a fear of ordering in Starbucks sizes you will find relief at their small, medium and large menu. They also serve pastries and a few breakfast items. There could be lunch too but I forgot to look at the selections. However I did notice that they serve baklava, which I filed for next time's visit. The barista was really nice and made me a great medium decaf vanilla soy latte in a green mug. Green is my most favorite color so I was pretty excited. The shop was quiet until some chatty customers who sat in the back came in. But other than that it was a nice place to breakaway for ordinary. I was so happy as well because I really wanted to be able to find a great independent coffeehouse in Charlotte. Although there are a few in NoDa, that section of town is so crowded because of it's popularity that it can be overwhelming going there at times. But in the middle of the day Central Coffee Co hits the spot. I will definitely be venturing there again. Also I should mention that there is an Appalachian State connection as well. So I felt right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment