When I was growing up one of my favorite movies was Anne of Green Gables. In the movie the character says that tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes. I like to think that at the beginning of this year that I can express the same sentiment. This morning I was reminded by Pastor Gool that each year is a gift of 12 new months from God. No matter what happen with the last twelve that He gave you He has given you a new 12 to start over with fresh with no mistakes. So Pastor Gool encouraged us to move on from whatever did or didn't happen in 2011 and relish the fact that there are 12 new and fresh months ahead of us.
I am really excited about this year and I believe that it is going to be the best year of my life, I really do. I am excited to see what God does in my life and what opportunities are presented. I really think that if we yield ourselves to the Lord more this year than ever that we will be able to see Him accomplish amazing things in and through us. I just finished writing out several goals for the new year and also things that I want to see manifest in my life this year. For the goals I am putting ways in which I can make them happen so that they are not just a list. I have 3 and my goal is to get to 10. For the things that I want to see happen there are eight things that I would like to experience this year and I have found a Bible verse to confess for each one. So I feel good about the start of things. I am really good at planning but I need to work on following through. I need to make sure that I keep reviewing the things that I have written and planned so that when December 31, 2012 comes I can look back and see where I accomplished my goals and saw the things manifested in my life that I hoped for and planned for. So I am excited to be starting out the year not with resolutions but with real concrete things that I can work towards seeing fulfilled in my life.
Our New Year's Eve was a little different than it normally is. We usually are on our way to VCC at 10 pm to ring in the New Year but since it was on a Saturday and we had church today we didn't have the New Year's Eve service. So I went to my grandmother's with my parents and we went out to eat at a place called Cafe 49. It was pretty good. I got a gyro because I like them but my mom and grandmother got steaks and I think that I should have gotten one of those, maybe next time. We had a nice long dinner and enjoyed each other's company. Then we got two Redbox movies and went back to my grandmother's. We watched Church: The Movie, which was okay not great but everyone seemed to enjoy it and then we watched Secretariat. I had seen Secretariat before but didn't really remember it. But it is such a good movie. It is very inspiring. I couldn't believe that I was getting teary eyed over it but I was. Shortly before the end we stopped it so that we could watch the ball drop in Times Square and then take communion and pray. Then we finished watching the movie. It was interesting because you never know where you will find inspiration. While watching a scene in Secretariat where the horse is in the starting gate and preparing to run a critical race I thought about how I feel like I have been at the starting gate for a while. I have been wanting to just run and do but I have been held back/restrained from being able to do so. But when the horse was freed from the gate and allowed to run he just ran as fast and as hard as he could. I know it sounds strange to say but I want to be like that horse. I just want to run as hard and as fast as I can accomplishing what I have been put here to do as well as things that I would like to do while I'm here. And I was excited by the thought that this will be the year that the gate is removed. I sincerely believe that the obstacles and hindrances of the past several years will not be an issue any longer and I believe that I will get to run my own race. I'm looking forward to it. I was reading last week about Jesus's miracle at the wedding where He turned the water into wine. It occurred to me that He may have been 29 at the time. The Bible says that He began His earthly ministry at 30. When Jesus's mother asks Him to help the wedding guests He tells her that His time has not yet come. He was saying that His moment for operating in His earthly ministry was not yet. There isn't a time line so I don't know that He was 29 but the point is that it was before His time. I think I posted how I looked up the Biblical meaning to the number 30. Thirty in the Bible signifies the right moment and dedication. The right moment to me means the moment when things work together and when the timing is right. The men who experienced the right moment at the age of 30 in the Bible were Joseph, David, Jesus and John the Baptist. That's pretty good company for stepping into destiny at thirty. And stepping into what I am destined for it what I truly want to see manifested in my life this year. In Ephesians 2:10 it says, " For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." I love that scripture because it reminds me of Jeremiah 29:11. Sometimes, even though I don't think it or say it, I feel like God is trying to figure out what to do with me and that's why all these things have happened to me. I know that's not true because that verse says that He has already created things for us to do. In Jeremiah, God says He knows His plans for us and I like that too. He isn't scrambling trying to come up with something or at a loss about where to put or place me but He already has a plan. It can feel, because of the way life is, like I am just being tossed around with no direction, but it is good to know that somehow it is all a part of a greater plan. Last year was primarily spent in Charlotte, the year before New Jersey, and the year before in Washington, D.C. but I am believing that this year will be a year of stability and clear direction and understanding of where God wants me to be and what He has for me to do. So I am excited about that as well. I still don't know what the year in Jersey and the year in Charlotte were for but I trust that the Lord will reveal it to me when I need to know or if I need to know. So I am just thankful that I can trust God to work it out and that I don't have to worried, anxious, or concerned about what is going to happen to me because He will take care of me, shelter me, help me, strengthen me and guide me if I commit myself to Him and walk in His ways. I'm very excited about the possibilities that this year holds and I expect to experience more than I can ask think or imagine.
I am really excited about this year and I believe that it is going to be the best year of my life, I really do. I am excited to see what God does in my life and what opportunities are presented. I really think that if we yield ourselves to the Lord more this year than ever that we will be able to see Him accomplish amazing things in and through us. I just finished writing out several goals for the new year and also things that I want to see manifest in my life this year. For the goals I am putting ways in which I can make them happen so that they are not just a list. I have 3 and my goal is to get to 10. For the things that I want to see happen there are eight things that I would like to experience this year and I have found a Bible verse to confess for each one. So I feel good about the start of things. I am really good at planning but I need to work on following through. I need to make sure that I keep reviewing the things that I have written and planned so that when December 31, 2012 comes I can look back and see where I accomplished my goals and saw the things manifested in my life that I hoped for and planned for. So I am excited to be starting out the year not with resolutions but with real concrete things that I can work towards seeing fulfilled in my life.
Our New Year's Eve was a little different than it normally is. We usually are on our way to VCC at 10 pm to ring in the New Year but since it was on a Saturday and we had church today we didn't have the New Year's Eve service. So I went to my grandmother's with my parents and we went out to eat at a place called Cafe 49. It was pretty good. I got a gyro because I like them but my mom and grandmother got steaks and I think that I should have gotten one of those, maybe next time. We had a nice long dinner and enjoyed each other's company. Then we got two Redbox movies and went back to my grandmother's. We watched Church: The Movie, which was okay not great but everyone seemed to enjoy it and then we watched Secretariat. I had seen Secretariat before but didn't really remember it. But it is such a good movie. It is very inspiring. I couldn't believe that I was getting teary eyed over it but I was. Shortly before the end we stopped it so that we could watch the ball drop in Times Square and then take communion and pray. Then we finished watching the movie. It was interesting because you never know where you will find inspiration. While watching a scene in Secretariat where the horse is in the starting gate and preparing to run a critical race I thought about how I feel like I have been at the starting gate for a while. I have been wanting to just run and do but I have been held back/restrained from being able to do so. But when the horse was freed from the gate and allowed to run he just ran as fast and as hard as he could. I know it sounds strange to say but I want to be like that horse. I just want to run as hard and as fast as I can accomplishing what I have been put here to do as well as things that I would like to do while I'm here. And I was excited by the thought that this will be the year that the gate is removed. I sincerely believe that the obstacles and hindrances of the past several years will not be an issue any longer and I believe that I will get to run my own race. I'm looking forward to it. I was reading last week about Jesus's miracle at the wedding where He turned the water into wine. It occurred to me that He may have been 29 at the time. The Bible says that He began His earthly ministry at 30. When Jesus's mother asks Him to help the wedding guests He tells her that His time has not yet come. He was saying that His moment for operating in His earthly ministry was not yet. There isn't a time line so I don't know that He was 29 but the point is that it was before His time. I think I posted how I looked up the Biblical meaning to the number 30. Thirty in the Bible signifies the right moment and dedication. The right moment to me means the moment when things work together and when the timing is right. The men who experienced the right moment at the age of 30 in the Bible were Joseph, David, Jesus and John the Baptist. That's pretty good company for stepping into destiny at thirty. And stepping into what I am destined for it what I truly want to see manifested in my life this year. In Ephesians 2:10 it says, " For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." I love that scripture because it reminds me of Jeremiah 29:11. Sometimes, even though I don't think it or say it, I feel like God is trying to figure out what to do with me and that's why all these things have happened to me. I know that's not true because that verse says that He has already created things for us to do. In Jeremiah, God says He knows His plans for us and I like that too. He isn't scrambling trying to come up with something or at a loss about where to put or place me but He already has a plan. It can feel, because of the way life is, like I am just being tossed around with no direction, but it is good to know that somehow it is all a part of a greater plan. Last year was primarily spent in Charlotte, the year before New Jersey, and the year before in Washington, D.C. but I am believing that this year will be a year of stability and clear direction and understanding of where God wants me to be and what He has for me to do. So I am excited about that as well. I still don't know what the year in Jersey and the year in Charlotte were for but I trust that the Lord will reveal it to me when I need to know or if I need to know. So I am just thankful that I can trust God to work it out and that I don't have to worried, anxious, or concerned about what is going to happen to me because He will take care of me, shelter me, help me, strengthen me and guide me if I commit myself to Him and walk in His ways. I'm very excited about the possibilities that this year holds and I expect to experience more than I can ask think or imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment