July 27, 2010

Good News

Guess What? I received a phone call back from one of the places that I applied to! Yay! And then on top of that I got to talk to the person that called today and they are having me come in for an interview on Friday! I am so excited! I haven't been on a job interview since February, so this is huge for me. I already picked out what I am going to wear and things that I need to do before the big day. I also need to think of examples of questions that they may ask me and have some ready responses. Being that the job is dealing with people and also handling working with time sensitive issues I need to think of examples of those things and times where I have successfully accomplished those things. I'm so happy that my resume was attractive to an organization and although this probably isn't my dream job it is a job at least. It's so funny because I was just looking for jobs to apply for and I almost didn't apply for the job because I thought I didn't have the skills to do it. But I decided that the worst thing that could happen would be that I would get turned down or not get a response and at least I would have tried. So I can't believe that the job that I almost didn't even do the cover letter and resume for is the one that called back. It is amazing how life works. I'm also really excited because if I work there it is right across from New York City in Jersey City. When I go out on lunch breaks I can stare right over the Hudson and see NYC! That is so exciting for me and I can't wait to see what happens with this job opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment