April 16, 2011
The 100th Post!!!!!!!!
Yay! I finally made it to 100 posts! I am very excited about this milestone. Mainly because when I started blogging it was because I had read a book (Consider Lily) where the main character started a blog and I thought it would be something fun to do as well as a way to keep track of all the things that were going on in my life. And boy all the things that have and for that matter haven't been going on. It is very fitting that like the first post which found me in transition between one place and the next and not knowing exactly what the future held that is once again where I find myself. Today I learned some news that kind of rocked my world. I learned that there may be another move in my dad's future with his job that would take him away from New Jersey and therefore leaving me with a choice to make of where I would live either staying in New Jersey with a job (Lord willing), moving to Kentucky (my absolute-have-no-other-choices option) or moving in with Mom in Charlotte. So much all at once. As I was explaining to mom I feel like I just got settled and comfortable in New Jersey. I love my church there and I love my friends there and I like New Jersey. I really want to have stability and community and to put down some roots. I don't like moving all over the place and living out of a suitcase and pulling up stakes every two to three years, it's just not ideal or what I desire. I also think of it like this. I never was intending to move from Washington, DC, that caught me completely off guard. And so it was traumatizing leaving D.C. as well as moving to New Jersey and living with my dad. So over the course of the last year I was able to make peace with all that and have finally started getting connected with the people that I know in Jersey. I don't want to leave and I feel like if I have to I want for that to be my next move. I feel like if I move to somewhere that I don't want to be then that means there would be another move ahead of me or I would be stuck in this place that I really don't want to be. But I believe that there is a plan in all of this. I believe that what looks like the end of the world to me could really be the open door that I really need and have been waiting for. Perhaps my dad will move and I will stay or maybe we both may move but not to the same place. Maybe he'll go off to Kentucky and maybe I will relocate to another city like New York or Boston. Who knows? I really feel that there are plenty of possibilities in this. So I intend to really seek and listen to what the Lord is saying and I believe he will provide for me. I believe that there is a place in this world for all of us and that he will lead me to mine. And I believe that He knows how badly I really want to have my own friends, home, and community. I don't want this gypsy life that I have had for going on two years now. I feel like there is the potential for the word the Lord spoke to me last year to come to fruition in this situation. I don't think that it is all bad or that there is more of a long road in store. I believe that there will be positive change ahead and a turn in the tide. Out of the winter season and into the summer! So I just need to hold fast to the word and believe that God will and can supply every need that I have and in this case I have every need because I literally have nothing to begin a new life on my own but I know that God can provide it. So I am welcoming this change, should there be one, because it is not definite that it will happen but I know that my dad would like for it to happen because there is a lot of potential for him to be in a better work and financial situation because of a move but you know I have learned that in walking with God we are to expect the unexpected. This news was completely unexpected and I have only had a few hours to adjust to the fact that it is real and not a possibility but that steps and actions are being taken to see that it happens. So all I can do at this point is pray that the Lord will intervene and will make a way where there is no way and if what I want to happen doesn't happen for whatever reasons then I just have to pray for the grace to get through whatever does happen. Transition is never easy and in this case I don't know if it will be something I will welcome or not but I know that God does have a great future in mind and in store for me according to Jeremiah 29:11 and so I will trust God's word and His promises to me. And I guess I will have some more interesting blogs to write in the future! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment