
Credit:People.com
Oh what a day! It was wonderful! I stayed up all night filled with anticipation. I tried to go to sleep but was unable to. At 4 am I started watching the arrival of the wedding guests. After waiting all night I was anxious for the wedding to just begin but then I started to enjoy seeing all the colorful hats and dresses that everyone was wearing and I was just instantly caught up in the pageantry. I watched at 5 am as the families started to make their way to the church. William and Harry looking dapper in their military uniforms and then the parents, uncles, cousins, and then the Queen and Prince Phillip. I was so excited over the wedding of two people I do not know and most likely will never meet. But I was just happy for them because marriage is a happy occasion, they seem to be really committed and in love with one another, and how often is it that the world comes together to witness a historical event of this magnitude. I think there was a profound sense of just being connected with people around the world watching the same things that I was watching and talking amongst themselves about the dress, the uniforms, the ceremony, and the carriages. It was a very exciting day for the world to be united together to celebrate something happy and uplifting even though there are a lot of horrible things going on in our world today. I was so happy that the weather was beautiful for them and that as they came out there was a beam of sunshine that poured down on the two of them. It was just a really almost "magical" event.
I think my favorite moment of the day was when Prince William and Catherine arrived at Buckingham Palace. William tapped Catherine on the knee gently before getting out and extending his hand to her to help her out. What a romantic moment! It just spoke to me about the fact that this was not just for show but that these are two people who have a history together, who love one another, and who are embarking on creating a life together. It was so nice to have a peak into the very beginnings of that life. I thought that both Catherine and William looked amazing. She was beautiful and looked as though she was born to be a princess and William looked so regal and stately in his red uniform.
It was a very exciting day and well worth holding off falling asleep. I watched it by myself but it was well worth it just to have the memory of this day and to be able to say that I was a witness to it! I can't wait to get my commemorative People magazine!
Congratulations William & Catherine!
No comments:
Post a Comment