December 28, 2011

3 Days to Go

Can you believe that December only has three days left in it? I can't. But it's funny because about the week before Thanksgiving I kind of told myself to take in the holidays because they were going to move really quickly. And I must say that it has helped. I have tried to relish the moments leading up to and during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I enjoyed each day immensely. Thanksgiving was in NYC, my most favorite city and Christmas was in Charlotte with the added bonus of going to church and celebrating with the church family. I have really enjoyed this time of year and I can't say that I am ready for the new year but I am looking forward to it with anticipation. I really am hoping that this is THE year that it all comes together. I have been saying that for the last three years possibly even four but I really do believe that 2012 will be different. I believe that this year is going to be a year of favor for God's people and that breakthroughs and changes in circumstances are going to be taking place. The last few years have been very sobering for me because I took a lot of things and people for granted and it wasn't until I was down and out that realized it. But I think that truly what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I definitely didn't feel like I was going to make it sometimes but I'm still here. I have more strength and resolve now than I ever have. I also have more of an understanding of what my priorities are whereas before I was more about satisfying whatever momentary craving I had, but now I realize that those things that I placed an emphasis on before were not that important at all. But it is nice to have understanding and clarity now at the end of that season of my life and know that I won't repeat the same mistakes or find myself in the same situations again because I'll be able to spot those patterns and behaviors that led me down that rough road. I remember hearing Joyce Meyer teach about tests and trials. She said that she and Dave had had problems in different areas of their lives and they prayed about it and handed it over to the Lord and although the Lord is very capable of removing the things that burden us and hurt us sometimes it is for our benefit. Instead of removing us from the situation and rescuing us He walks with us through it to teach and guide us so that we learn from it and know that He is with us even when we go through difficult times. And most importantly when you are up against a wall and have no one else to turn to that is usually when you turn to God for help. And if you put your relationship with Him first and trust Him and follow his principles and commands you most likely won't end up in the same kind of situation again. It's a full circle moment when you come to that realization and understanding and it is hard to turn back from that. I read an Oswald Chambers devotion this past week that talked about how we wrestle with problems before God but it is up to us to wrestle with it and then allow what God has said to settle it. Often we don't wrestle with things before Him and we try to solve it in and of our own strength in the natural and we will learn quickly or eventually that we do not have the strength to do it. But when we wrestle before Him with it and come to the decision to trust Him with whatever it is we're wrestling with then He will guide us and help us. Also we will come to a crossroads or a point of no return where we either trust Him and become more devoted to Him or we become dull, lazy, and of no use to Him. But the choice is ours to make. So I feel that in my own life that I was at a point building up to that crossroads, then I was at that crossroads, and now I hope that I am of use to Him. I have bad days like anybody else but I hope to be pleasing to the Lord and to do His will. So I am hoping that in 2012 I learn what His will for me is and that I am able to begin doing that. I think it's going to be a fantastic journey!

1 comment:

  1. You are a great writer, Ebony. Your blogs encourage me greatly. God has great plans for you and I believe this year will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete