December 22, 2011

Another Great Product from Shea Moisture

Today I got another Shea Mositure product. I probably need to just buy stock in the company. But over the last two months I have had problems with breakouts. It's not unusual for my skin to become used to a product and then over time that product stops working as well as it once did on my skin. For the past 3 years I have been using Olay 7 Effects Cream Cleanser with Salycilic Acid. It had worked well throughout that time but for some reason I have been getting bad breakouts. I think it could be because I wear my hair around my face more than I have in the past and also the fact that I have been stressed out at times. Whatever the reason the cleanser was not working for me as well as it once did. So I read up on African black soap which is apparently useful for acne prone/problem skin. I read some reviews and some blog posts about it and decided to try it out for myself. I haven't used a bar soap cleanser in a very long time so I was not sure what to expect. But the soap lathers very well. It also lathers white not black like I thought it might. Sometimes you can feel like there is a film on your skin after using soap but my skin did not feel that way at all with the black soap. It felt clean and refreshed. I made sure to follow up the soap with alcohol free toner and some Ambi Even and Clear Moisturizing lotion. So I am excited to use this soap over the next month or so and see what happens. I am hoping that I will have fewer breakouts and even skin tone with tighter pores and less dark spots. I've heard that this soap provides all of those benefits. I will report back in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment