Yikes! 30 sounds a little scary but I am ready. As I have already posted I am ready for the next decade of life. I have made it through my twenties (yay) and am hoping and praying that this next decade is the start of a better time in my life. I'm not where I had imagined and thought that I would be at this age and stage in my life but that's okay. I've learned that life does not always happen according to society's timetable. And the twenties were for learning, growing, developing into the person I need and want to be, and I am leaving older and wiser. That's a good thing. This whole year I have been thinking off and on about turning 30 and how it seems like a huge leap but really it's just a casual step across the line to a new time in my life. And I am excited to see where it goes. I had plans for where I would be at this time but those plans have been rearranged. Now I'm just excited for what's next in the journey. I am expecting 30 and the year 2012 to be a big year in my life and for changes for the better. It's so weird thinking about the year being 2012. I just went out and got my next year's calendar a little over a week ago. It was awesome because I have this type of planner that I really like and I hadn't been able to find it in stores but I looked it up online and was able to find the style and design that I wanted. I was planning to order it so that I would have it in time for the new year. The next day I went into Target because I needed some gum and to kill some time before tutoring. I didn't think Target would have the planner or the gum that I wanted but I went in anyway. I went to look at the planners and they had exactly four. They were all by the company that I liked but I didn't think that they had the design that I wanted. I looked through them all and then finally at the bottom was the exact one that I wanted. Then as I was going through the checkout they had the gum that I wanted too. It's the little things in life! But anyway, I went out to get my new planner and then was putting birthdays and days to remember into it and I just got to thinking about how quick and different the last year had been. I don't know if it's just the way the world is now or if it's because I'm older but time seems to be passing so quickly. And this year was very much like the year before for me but just in a different location. I'm still wondering where I belong and when I will know where I belong. I'm still waiting for the right opportunities to come along. I've tried creating them and I've tried going out and seizing them and they have not worked out. I've come to a point where I feel that I have given it my all and now I am waiting for divine intervention. I really am at the point of needing a miracle. But you know, I don't doubt that I will get one. I very much believe that I've not been forgotten and that God loves and cares for and about me and that in the end all the trials, pain, heartache and break, missed opportunities, and shattered dreams will be forgotten because God knows how to right wrongs and how to place us into right situations so that it's like we've never missed a beat. The past five days I've been fighting a horrible head cold. I got it from one of the little kids I tutor. I think it's been particularly bad because for much of the last year I've been isolated. I've been at home Monday through Saturday and just out maybe once or twice on the weekends. But even having this cold is a sign of change because a year ago I wouldn't have been around anyone to have gotten a cold from. It's a weird way to look at tutoring but I see it as a sign of change. And I really enjoy working with children. They remind you to have fun and to enjoy yourself and they're also a reminder that you only go around once. You can't go back to being a little kid and it really is such a wonderful time in life. It's so great to see them learning and growing and they have so much to share. So maybe as I approach 30 I'm being reminded of the fact that in the scheme of things there is still a lot of life to live and what's 4 year on the sidelines? Only a mere delay and nothing to be too worried or concerned over. I'm going to enjoy my last month of 29 and I am greatly looking forward to being 30!
No comments:
Post a Comment