December 11, 2011

Hair Update


A few weeks ago I was able to take advantage of the Miss Jessie's Buy One Get One sale going on at Target until Dec. 17th. I decided to get one Curly Pudding and one Curly Meringue. I had never tried the Curly Meringue and had become more and more curious about how it would work with my hair type. So this past week I washed my hair with Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo (it was in need of cleansing), conditioned with TreSemme Naturals for about 15 min, deep conditioned with Shea Moisture and then applied Curly Meringue over my Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and some curl milk. Curly Meringue is strongly scented like Curly Pudding but smells like...you guessed it meringue! It's lemony! I applied the Curly Meringue to the sections I part my hair in for its wash and gos but decided to do two strand twists on those sections instead. So I applied a generous amount of Curly Meringue to the sections and twisted it. I was worried that because it is a lighter hold that it would not provide as much hold as I needed. However, a day and a half after initially applying it I took the twists out and had the oingy boingy pogo stick curls that are described on the MJ website as a result of using the meringue. I had very well defined yet soft curls. They were a little too stiff for my liking but over the course of the day they relaxed some. The next day my hair was up all day in six twists. Then today I took those twists down and I had the best twists. Not better than that one time when I had those Sondra Huxtable curls with my first twist out but a very close second. I am interested in trying the Curly Meringue for a wash and go. I think it will do really well for those and probably be my go to summer product. I used a lot of product last time and I still came away with some frizz on the right side of my head but the right side is always challenging me. But I have to say that I like the product a lot more than I thought that I would and it is nice to know that there is another Miss Jessie's product that I can use. I think that I will probably make the twist out my fall winter style and the wash and go my summer style. In the summer I have to wash my hair more because of the heat and the wash and go is a lighter more carefree style for summer. So I am interested to see if I can get the same results with Curly Meringue in the summer and I hope that I do because I really do like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment