December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve! Can you believe it? I can't! I am so happy that it's already here but it seems like it came too fast. This whole month and year have just flown by. But you know I guess that's why you have to live in the moment. Today's Christmas Eve was a little different for me. I spent it in bed most of the morning with a stuffy nose and a headache. I recovered enough to read through several articles on Madame Noire . I found a really good article on essential oils and which oils are best for which kind of care. It was very informative and I hope to be able to order some essential oils to use on my hair. The easiest one to get right now is tea tree oil which I am looking forward to using to help with my dry scalp. But after the fun of Internet surfing I had to get to work. My grandmother was coming to eat dinner and spend the night and Mom had put me in charge of dinner. Then I also had to prepare my contribution to tomorrow's Christmas dinner, Paula Deen's Aunt Peggy's Sweet Potato Souffle. I had made it once before and it turned out okay but not great so I was writing tips to myself on how to improve that as well. I got down to the kitchen and for dinner made chicken fettucine with broccoli. I had made that before too but not as well as I made it tonight. The chicken and the sauce turned out so much better than before and I was glad about it. Then after the fettucine was done I cooked my souffle. I also did much better at it too. So the majority of the day I was kind of idle not doing much and then for 3 hours I was in the kitchen cooking. But it was so fun! I have enjoyed getting to try new recipes and I received compliments from my family on both the fettucine and the souffle. My mom, grandma, and I taste tested the souffle to make sure that there was a proper amount of cinnamon and brown sugar before the topping went on it and baked. Thanks Paula Deen and Aunt Peggy! Tonight we ate dinner and watched The Nativity which was really good. I hadn't seen it before but it was really well done. So we're getting ready to go to sleep and then head to church in the morning. I still can't believe tomorrow is Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment