December 17, 2011

Hair Update

Product Review of Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

The last time I washed my hair I had to use a sulfate shampoo because the previous time I had used a sulfate free shampoo and it didn't get out all of the Curly Buttercreme and Curly Pudding that had been in my hair. So I thought that there must be a way to cleanse my hair without having to use a sulfate shampoo each time I wash my hair. Enter Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo. I had considered using this shampoo several months ago but was happy with what I had and decided not to get it. Since I have started doing twist outs and have used a product with mineral oil, lanolin, and petroleum I need my hair to be cleaned with a stronger shampoo. So I went to YouTube and looked at some of the reviews for this shampoo and the good ones (videos) that I saw gave it a good recommendation with the exception that it was drying.

So I went and got some in order to try it for this week's shampoo. I washed my hair in two sections split down the middle and then I rinsed and washed again. My hair felt literally squeaky clean. It had stripped all the dirt, oil, and leftover product out of my hair. It does not detangle so it will not help with that. But it cleans so well. And I am so excited to have a shampoo that cleans like a sulfate shampoo but is sulfate free. The product contains willow bark extract, tea tree oil, African black soap, salicylic acid, vitamin e, Shea oil, jojoba oil, plantain extract, aloe vera leaf juice, and neem seed oil and that's not all of the ingredients. This is a wonderful cleansing shampoo. It feels good on my scalp as well. I feel like it has cleaned my scalp better than any of the other shampoos that I have tried using. I am so happy with this product!

Also I have finally tweaked (for now) my whole washing process. It went better today than I think it ever has. I washed my hair, twice, in the shower and then applied my conditioner after getting out of the shower. I made sure to really saturate my hair and applied the conditioner to my hair while it was split down the middle and applied extra to the ends. After placing a conditioning cap over it I let it sit for 15 minutes. I then detangled which was a breeze outside of the shower. I had much less breakage and tearing. I also detangled my hair in four sections splitting the two section on each side of my head into two. Then I rinsed my conditioned and detangled hair under the faucet with cold water. I then applied the deep conditioner to my hair in four sections as well adding extra to the ends. I covered with another conditioning cap and let it set for 30 minutes. Then I cold water rinsed again. I then put my hair back into the four sections and used claw clips to hold the front two sections while I worked with the back. I split the back in two and applied a dime amount of hair milk to each side. I then applied about a a quarter size of more of the curl enhancing smoothie as a leave-in conditioner but this time I rubbed it thouroughly between my palms to make it as smooth as possible before applying it to my hair and rubbed it into my hair until it was not visible. This was something that I had not been doing before and I think was the reason for the flaking of the curly pudding once it had dried. I did the same thing for the front two sections before separating out my bang and re-wetting my hair with a spray bottle, not soaking but damp. I then applied the curly meringue to each section and twisted it. And done!

Current Products I'm Using:

Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo (clarifying shampoo)
Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Shampoo (moisturizing shampoo)
TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner with Aloe Vera and Avocado
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
Kera Care Natural Textures Hair Milk
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue

No comments:

Post a Comment