October 25, 2011

Christmas is Two Months Away

I am really excited that Christmas is only two months away! I love this time of the year! The leaves are changing and the air is cool and crisp. And it's sweater weather, my favorite. I was thinking that for Thanksgiving we were going to do our normal thing of just being at home and my mom and I cooking dinner. However, I have learned that we are going to be going to New Jersey for Thanksgiving. I am excited about it because I have always wanted to go to New York on Thanksgiving for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. My mom and I have to figure out how we are going to get there but I was totally surprised when she said she was interested in doing the parade with me. I was thinking that maybe I would just take the train over there myself and then meet my family for dinner but I am really glad that my mom is coming along. I am not sure about my dad or my grandmother yet. I know it would be a lot for my grandmother because of a lot of walking and it could be a bit too cold for sitting outside for her then. But I am so excited because it's something that I have always wanted to do and for the first time ever it is totally possible. Yay! Christmas we have to spend in Charlotte which I suppose is fine. I have always wanted to spend Christmas in New England, like in Vermont, Connecticut, or New Hampshire. I would love to spend Christmas in an old farm house with a roaring fire place, hot chocolate, and snow everywhere. Hopefully one year I can make that happen as well but I am really excited for now about the Thanksgiving in New York. Thanksgiving in my favorite city! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment