October 27, 2011

Hair Update

Today was the first day I wore my hair down since I washed it. I have to say that I LOVE the addition of the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque and the 100% Jojoba oil to my routine! I put my hand in my hair this afternoon while driving and it was so soft to the touch. I don't think I have had hair this soft in a really long time, like since the first year I went natural and I was wearing a pony poof and applying Mizani Moisturizing Silkening Gel [discontinued :( ] everyday. So you can imagine how excited I was to be able to reclaim that kind of softness. I am also loving my Curly Buttercreme from Miss Jessie's. I know a lot of people hate on MJ because of the price and the ingredients. But if you find things from their line that work I think the investment is worth it. For me the Curly Pudding has been the only thing that I have used in almost 3 years of being natural that has transformed my Zs to Cs. So I have no problem investing in something that works. I also know that some people do not like the Buttercreme as well. Some opt instead for the Baby Buttercreme rather than the Curly Buttercreme. But I am sticking with the Curly for now. I know some people use it for twist outs and braid outs as well. So it's all about what works for you. And I think it is about finding the right amount of product that works for you too. Like I noticed that it tells you on the jar to use a tablespoon and then work it through sections of your hair. If I followed that direction then my hair would be weighed down and greasy looking. Instead I opt for just enough to cover a finger tip and work that through one section of my hair and then take another fingertip full and massage the ends of my hair. I go for light application of the product each night to ensure that my curls are moisturized from their day of flowing free. I follow up with Jojoba on the ends and on each section as well. It is my new favorite thing and I don't think I will go back to Hollywood Tea Tree Oil after the effects of jojoba have been revealed to me.

My new hair quest is to find a good leave in conditioner. I had pondered using Hair Milk from Carol's Daughter or Beija Flor's Creme Brulee Leave In Moisturizer which I learned about from Natural Chica's channel on YouTube. Beija Flor is all natural and has really great ingredients for moisture and strength for hair. I still haven't used half of the Curl Enhancing Smoothie that I got back in June. I use it weekly but it lasts a long time. I'm not sure where I am with my Kera Care Hair Milk. I haven't noticed anything extra special about it, but it does smell really good. I'm thinking that possibly I may try Beija Flor as the replacement for the Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the Hair Milk and test whether I need either.

I'm so thrilled with my hair routine right now. I was bummed right after I had worn my hair straight for a little while with the results I was having with my hair. But I am so glad that my hair seems to be making progress and back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment