Well I have made it through the first week of October. The weather is starting to change as are the leaves. Next weekend is to be the peak weekend for leaves in the North Carolina mountains. I don't know if I am going to make it up there or not to see them but I hope that I am able to. This past week was really good. For the most part I was at home. I went to the museum on Tuesday and had a really great day. The rest of the week I was at home but I was dealing a lot with isolation and loneliness. Fortunately, I am reading Joyce Meyer's book Living Beyond Your Feelings. She does not address loneliness specifically but she talks about discouragement and depression. I have a tendency to think about just the things that I don't have or wish I had and also at times fall into self-pity or despair. But as I was reminded by Joyce. During those times I need to focus on the positive and remind myself that if God has promised something it is because He has seen it coming to pass and that it will happen if I trust Him and am obedient. It can get hard sometimes when you encourage yourself to hold on a little longer and then that holding on extends much longer than you think it will. I find myself constantly thinking, "I thought that this or that would have happened by now, Lord." But God's timing is His timing and unless He moves you just have to wait patiently until it is the set appointed time. This morning Pastor Gool had ministers pray for people in the congregation who were dealing with despair, heaviness, and weariness. I went up and I felt much better afterwards too. Pastor Gool and the ministers prayed that people would have a fresh anointing and a renewed spirit. Sometimes you can just get bogged down with the day to day and you feel trapped or pressed. I appreciated the fresh anointing.
Pastor Gool's message was really good today. He preached about letting Him be Lord. He was saying that we need to let Jesus be Lord in our lives. We need to obey and follow Him so that He can manifest Himself in our lives. We shouldn't give ourselves over to worry, doubt, fear, or complaining but whatever the problem is or problems are we need to see Jesus as being big enough to handle whatever challenge we're facing. It reminds me of what I heard at the beginning of this year from a prophet who came to LOJ and was preaching about getting a revelation of the Revelation Jesus, the Jesus that holds the planets and stars in His hands. He was saying that too often we make God too small. We see Him as not having control of the whole universe but just little things. But He can handle anything and we need to believe that He can handle anything. I really enjoyed His message and it helped me to see that I need to be better about trusting God to take care of my needs and not questioning whether He is able or not or if it doesn't happen when I am expecting it to not giving up and thinking that it means that it won't happen. Pastor Gool talked about how the Israelites were in bondage for centuries in Egypt but that Bible scholars say that it didn't take more than 50 days for God to turn the situation around and if He can deliver the children of Israel from 400 years of bondage in 50 days then surely He can work out whatever our own needs are. So I really appreciated that message and the reminder that I need to trust God no matter what the problem is or how long it takes to solve it. A big part of it is just watching my tongue and keeping positive thoughts in my mind so that I don't negate what has been spoken over me and what I have confessed over myself. So I have work to do. I need to memorize and confess more scriptures, spend more time in the Word and in worship, and trust the Lord and not question His abilities.
In Hair News: I tried some new practices in my hair routine this weekend. I washed each side separately and then conditioned each side separately as well. My hair was much softer and probably cleaner too. Then I used just a little of the Kera Care Hair Milk. It smells really good but I am not sure if it is really helping my hair or not. I am going to try some of the Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Original when I can. I have heard that it works really well. I also want to try Lisa's Hair Elixir, a blend of several oils to moisturize and prevent breakage and stimulate growth. After the Kera Care Hair Milk, I applied Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to each side. The I styled with Curly Pudding and Curls gel as usual and let it air dry all day. I put the gripper clips on the end to extend the curl and combat shrinkage. The results were that my hair is much softer. I did have less shrinkage. However, the left side of my hair turned out wonderful and is still curled and defined two days after washing but the right side is shrinking and frizzy. I generally have this problem with the right side so I am not too surprised. I think for some reason the hair on that side is just more resistant to being manipulated. So I have to be a little more heavy-handed with the Curly Pudding next time. But I am excited about trying some other new products hopefully to help with this. They are Organix Nourishing Coconut Oil Anti-Breakage Serum and Shea Moisture African Black Soap Balancing Conditioner. I will be sure to review these products once I pick them up.
Pastor Gool's message was really good today. He preached about letting Him be Lord. He was saying that we need to let Jesus be Lord in our lives. We need to obey and follow Him so that He can manifest Himself in our lives. We shouldn't give ourselves over to worry, doubt, fear, or complaining but whatever the problem is or problems are we need to see Jesus as being big enough to handle whatever challenge we're facing. It reminds me of what I heard at the beginning of this year from a prophet who came to LOJ and was preaching about getting a revelation of the Revelation Jesus, the Jesus that holds the planets and stars in His hands. He was saying that too often we make God too small. We see Him as not having control of the whole universe but just little things. But He can handle anything and we need to believe that He can handle anything. I really enjoyed His message and it helped me to see that I need to be better about trusting God to take care of my needs and not questioning whether He is able or not or if it doesn't happen when I am expecting it to not giving up and thinking that it means that it won't happen. Pastor Gool talked about how the Israelites were in bondage for centuries in Egypt but that Bible scholars say that it didn't take more than 50 days for God to turn the situation around and if He can deliver the children of Israel from 400 years of bondage in 50 days then surely He can work out whatever our own needs are. So I really appreciated that message and the reminder that I need to trust God no matter what the problem is or how long it takes to solve it. A big part of it is just watching my tongue and keeping positive thoughts in my mind so that I don't negate what has been spoken over me and what I have confessed over myself. So I have work to do. I need to memorize and confess more scriptures, spend more time in the Word and in worship, and trust the Lord and not question His abilities.
In Hair News: I tried some new practices in my hair routine this weekend. I washed each side separately and then conditioned each side separately as well. My hair was much softer and probably cleaner too. Then I used just a little of the Kera Care Hair Milk. It smells really good but I am not sure if it is really helping my hair or not. I am going to try some of the Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Original when I can. I have heard that it works really well. I also want to try Lisa's Hair Elixir, a blend of several oils to moisturize and prevent breakage and stimulate growth. After the Kera Care Hair Milk, I applied Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to each side. The I styled with Curly Pudding and Curls gel as usual and let it air dry all day. I put the gripper clips on the end to extend the curl and combat shrinkage. The results were that my hair is much softer. I did have less shrinkage. However, the left side of my hair turned out wonderful and is still curled and defined two days after washing but the right side is shrinking and frizzy. I generally have this problem with the right side so I am not too surprised. I think for some reason the hair on that side is just more resistant to being manipulated. So I have to be a little more heavy-handed with the Curly Pudding next time. But I am excited about trying some other new products hopefully to help with this. They are Organix Nourishing Coconut Oil Anti-Breakage Serum and Shea Moisture African Black Soap Balancing Conditioner. I will be sure to review these products once I pick them up.
No comments:
Post a Comment