![]() |
| After 4 hours of drying |
Today was my hair wash day! I get so excited now about washing my hair because I am actually helping it to be healthy and be better than I use to. I tried a couple of different things that I think will help it to be in better shape this time around. I first did a cleansing shampoo with my Shea Moisture Curl Control Shampoo. I had only used it once the two previous times I washed my hair. But this time I used it twice. It is a non-sulfate shampoo so I washed once to get the gunk out of my hair from the last week and then washed it again, in two sections, to cleanse it. I noticed right away during rinsing that my hair felt softer and cleaner. Next I put in the Palmer's Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner. I had been leaving it on for 15 minutes to get a deep condition. Or so I thought. I think this was actually weighing my hair down and not helping it to get conditioned at all. So I ran the conditioner through my hair and only let it sit for 5 minutes per the instructions on the bottle. After that conditioning I put on the TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner that I have heard several naturalista hair vloggers mention on YouTube (Natural Chica, CurlyCrazyfulLeah, Strawberricurls, and Taren 916). It smells really good and I love that it is cheap too. You get 25 fl oz for less than $5! So I used a hefty amount on my hair which was parted down the middle and I massaged it into each side and let it sit for 3 minutes. I chose to detangle during this conditioning. I had heard several vloggers say that their tangles melted away with this conditioner but I still had a lot of tangling to get rid of. I hadn't washed my hair in almost a week and then my hair is extremely prone to tangle. So I do not blame the conditioner for my detangling difficulties. I am really interested to see how this process goes when I do my monthly clarifying shampoo with Miss Jessie's Super Slip Sudsy. As I mentioned before I had great results with the Olive Oil Conditioner when I used it with the sulfate shampoo. So I am interested to see how the results turn out when I do the conditioner combo with the sulfate shampoo. I am still trying to decide what I would like to do for a deep conditioner. I have watched a couple reviews which mention the Monoi line from Carol's Daughter which includes a deep treatment hair repair mask. Also Natural Chica mentioned a conditioner from Karen's Body Beautiful called Luscious Locks. Carol's Daughter products are a little too expensive for me right now, but hopefully it might be an option in the future. The Karen's Body Beautiful is only about $4 less than CD but also has added shipping of $2.95. I'm not looking to spend more than $15 to $20 for a deep conditioner right now. But I have heard good things about Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. It's raw shea butter, which you can't go wrong with, and it is only $9.99. Plus Shea Moisture's products last a long time because a little goes a long way. I am thinking about combining my Shea Moisture with some Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle which I have heard good reviews about as well on Curly Nikki. After I had finished my washing and conditioning I applied the Kera Care Hair Milk, then Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie with more of a concentration on the ends, and then applied the Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. I just realized that I forgot to add the Curls by Manisha Dilinger Goddess Curls Gel. I am wondering how my hair will turn out without it but I think so far in the drying process it's doing well. I think right now the only thing I need to tweak is the deep conditioning, get a 1/2 in cut to get rid of split ends, and keep double washing with the sulfate free shampoo to ensure my hair is fully clean.
P.S.- After realizing that I didn't put any gel in my hair I realized that I may not need it anymore. I first started using it during the summer when there was a lot of heat leading to lots of frizz but now I don't have that problem because of the weather change. So it was a happy accident I forgot my gel!

No comments:
Post a Comment