In an effort to expand my hair do range I have been looking for styles that I can do on my own on YouTube and natural hair websites. I am not that gifted when it comes to hair styling so I have to go with what looks the most basic in terms of technique. So I opted to try two strand twists on my hair today instead of the regular curly look that I go for. My hope is that with the twists I will have more volume, length and definition. I watched a couple of YouTube tutorials from Natural Chica and Miss Jessie's that gave me an idea of what to do, but the people in those videos do not have my hair type so I had to opt for a twist that worked for me. After deep conditioning my hair with the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, which I am so glad I bought, and then adding Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Hair Milk and Jojoba oil I separated my hair in half down the middle. I put one side up and separated the other side in the same sections that I normally use for applying Curly Pudding. I ran the Curly Pudding through my hair and then proceeded to separate those sections into two and twist them. I did that all the way around until I had about 11 twists all around. I placed a gripper clip, some call them duck bill clips, on either side of my part to keep the roots from getting frizzy. I'm excited to see if this is a look that will work for me. I'm going to let the twists dry all night and then style them in the morning.




No comments:
Post a Comment