I blogged recently about issues I've been having with my hair. I have been looking through the blog sites and have come across a couple of articles that have helped me to pinpoint some things that might help. First of all I am sure that a lot of natural women battle single strand knots and split ends but I seem to be battling them more now than I have in a long time. One reason for this, I think, is that I had my hair straightened in September. I had not had any heat on it in over a year and I think that my already weakened hair suffered in the process of having the blow dryer, flat iron, and then curling iron used on it all at once. Also when I went my stylist started to trim my hair after it had already been dried with the blow dryer. Normally she does the trim while it's wet and easier to see the areas that need a trim. So I think all of that together made for a perfect storm of hair damage in September. So after reading some blogs I decided to get a cut in November, either 1/2 inch or a full inch, whichever seems more necessary and I am also going to go back to deep conditioning. I had been deep conditioning once a week with my coconut oil protein packs but I went through a cash shortage and couldn't replenish the supply. So I am going to go back to deep conditioning and use a hot oil treatment that has gotten good reviews. I will write about it after using it to give my own experience with it. I also got a new conditioner that I hope will work a little better than the olive oil treatment has been working lately. I got the TRESemme Naturals Conditioner with aloe vera and avocado extract. I have read a couple reviews in which the slip of this conditioner is supposed to be great. I am hoping that I get the same results as the blogs that I have read because a better detangling conditioner means that I won't be damaging my hair as much in the detangling process. I already finger detangle my hair and follow up with combing with my Tool Structure Shower comb only once as opposed to using solely the comb for detangling like I used to. So I am hoping that going back to a deep conditioning once a week and using a better detangling conditioner will help me to cut down on the amount of damage that I am seeing.
I am also having more of an issue with Curly Pudding flaking in my hair making it look like there is dandruff when it's really product. I am not sure how to rectify this. I was hoping to maybe use Shea Moisture's new product Curling Souffle. But I have viewed a couple of youtube videos which were not promising about it's effectiveness. So I don't know if I am going to have to go to another styler or somehow cut back on the amount of Curly Pudding I use. I am going to have to make that my next focus after I get the breakage under control.
I am also having more of an issue with Curly Pudding flaking in my hair making it look like there is dandruff when it's really product. I am not sure how to rectify this. I was hoping to maybe use Shea Moisture's new product Curling Souffle. But I have viewed a couple of youtube videos which were not promising about it's effectiveness. So I don't know if I am going to have to go to another styler or somehow cut back on the amount of Curly Pudding I use. I am going to have to make that my next focus after I get the breakage under control.
No comments:
Post a Comment