Because the end of the year is fast approaching I began thinking about the last three years and where I have been the past Octobers and wondering where I will be when the next one comes around. In October 2009 I moved to New Jersey although at the time I thought that I was only there temporarily until my job in DC came through. The next October, last year, I celebrated being in New Jersey for a year and was beginning to enjoy my new life there although I was hoping to be able to move out on my own in New Jersey or be able to move to New York which is what I really wanted. Then there is this October. I never could have predicted where I ended up the last two Octobers and I certainly would not have been able to predict that what I also thought was a temporary move to Charlotte has turned out to be a long term venture, although I am not sure for how long. But as I pondered these past Octobers I couldn't help but think what the next one would be like. What will be going on in my life in October of 2012. Will I still be in Charlotte (I personally hope not), will I be working full time by then (I hope so), and what will be going on in other areas of my life that have long been neglected because there was so much else going on? I am really curious to see. This road that I have been on for these past three years has been unpredictable at best. It has been terrifying at times and frustrating at other times. And I keep wondering how will all of these different issues work themselves out? But I know that just like last year I didn't know what this year held but I am still here, next is a mystery as well but I still plan to be holding on then too no matter what is going on then. So I look forward to writing a year from now about what the events of next October are and comparing them to the events of Octobers past in hopes that next year will be better.
Here's a little song from Mary Mary for inspiration:
Here's a little song from Mary Mary for inspiration:
No comments:
Post a Comment