October 24, 2011

Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque

I washed my hair today and it feel amazing! I did the double wash with the Shea Moisture Curl Control Shampoo and then used the Palmer's Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner and TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner to detangle. I noticed a big difference in the clean feeling my hair has with the double wash and the two conditioners. I then divided my hair down the middle and applied some of the 100% Jojoba oil I got a Trader Joe's last night and I then applied the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. The deep treatment masque is made with raw Shea butter, sea kelp, argan oil, and a variety of natural plant oil and extracts. I chose this to be my deep treatment over the Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack because there were many more natural ingredients in the deep treatment masque and I like the idea of using as pure a product as possible. The deep treatment masque is whipped into a nice cream and the smell is not overpowering or overwhelming. To me it smells like there might be a hint of citrus in it. I divided my hair into 4 sections from the two and applied the masque to each section. It is thick but not as thick as the Curl Enhancing Souffle from Shea Moisture. I found that I did not need a lot of the product to coat my hair. After the oil and the masque were on my hair I placed my hair in an Evolve Self Heating Conditioning Cap which is basically tin foil that is in the shape of a cap with elastic to keep it on but it works. I let the deep treatment sit for about 40 minutes and then rinsed with cold water. My hair felt amazingly soft and very well conditioned. I feel like I made the right choice for my deep conditioning process and that my hair will be the better for it. After rinsing I added some CHS, Hair Milk, and then styled as normal. I put two gripper clips on each side of my part and one clip at the back of my hair near the roots to help the roots stay down. I have suspended the process of putting the gripper clips on the ends of my curls because they look better with the shrinkage. The curls are more defined, last longer, and have more volume. I'm so thrilled with having a process that works. My maintenance products are Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Moisture Mist and Mizani Perfect Curl for the day and at night Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme and Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil. I saw some pure (100%) tea tree oil at Trader Joe's but couldn't bring myself to spend $7 for an ounce of it. Maybe when I have my big job it won't be such a frightful figure to have to overcome. But I think it would be a good addition to my conditioning routine. I also so the famous Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner that has been on several natural hair blogs as a favorite for detangling. It's a pretty decent size bottle (16 oz) for $4. I'm looking forward to trying it but I want to use the olive oil conditioner fully before I move on to the next product but I am looking forward to trying! So I give Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque a 5 out of 5. I think it did a great job conditioning, I like the smell, the feel, and the texture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment